The XW2 Excavator Safety System can be configured to work on any type of hydraulic excavator. Overload and height limitation is controlled using proportional soft-stop hydraulic valves providing accurate and repeatable performance without detriment to the machine. A basic dig depth monitor is available when the RCI is not required. If hazards arise, XW2 with automatically flip to the relevant display page.
- Operation is fail safe and fully automatic with function selection never more than two key presses away.
- Height limitation can be set either manually or by positioning the machine equipment. All motions are individually controlled with ramped slow down on approach and soft-stop. There is no machine ‘bounce’, overshoot, or undershoot. An optional chassis sensor can be installed to correct for terrain slope.
MAJOR COMPONENTS CARRY A FIVE YEAR GUARANTEE EXCLUDING MIS-USE AND PHYSICAL DAMAGE.
- Access Key Switch (Prevents / allows setting changes)
- Track Lock (Inhibits travel when a height limitation is active)
- Beacon (RCI is active indication)
- Offset Boom Sensor (Monitors offset boom angle – single proximity switch detection also available)
- Reeling Drum (Monitors telescopic arm extension, single proximity switch detection also available)
- Platform Sensor (Monitors chassis pitch and roll angles)
- Auto Duty Switching (Proximity switch detection for up to four lifting duties)
- Data Logger (CAN bus mounted event recorder with SD card)
Solid state, fully potted IP67, mounted in pump or engine bay. 4 x analogue inputs. 8 x digital inputs. 12 x output. All with full electrical protection and diagnostics, 2 x CAN bus. 11 – 30VDC. Manual key override for motion control valves. <10mS program cycle time for accurate response.
Solid state, IP65, RAM mount to window or dash. 4.3” or 2.8” backlit colour LCD. 7 x backlit, tactile keys. 1 x CAN bus. 11 – 30VDC.
Industry standard multi-core screened with M12 connectors.
Compact solid state 3 axis accelerometer with gyro compensation. Stainless steel, IP67. CAN J1939. Steel mounting bracket. Can be mounted anywhere on the front end equipment in any orientation. Direct drive performance. Up to three articulations can be monitored with the addition of chassis attitude.
400 bar 4-20mA. Stainless steel, IP67. Connected to both piston and annular sides of the boom lift cylinders.
Hydraulics Custom made super compact aluminium PWM proportional sandwich valve available in 2, 4 and 6 valve manifolds, other hydraulic options are available.