The XW5 Excavator Safety System can be configured to work on any type of hydraulic excavator. Overload, height, and slew limitation are controlled using proportional soft-stop hydraulic valves providing accurate and repeatable performance without detriment to the machine. A basic dig depth monitor is available when th RCI is not required. If hazards arise, XW5 will automatically flip to the relevant display page. Tracked machines have automatic sectored lifting duties for over the front/rear operation and over the side. Load charts are ISO10567.
- Operation is fail safe and fully automatic with function selection never more than two presses away.
- All potential machine high points are monitored and appropriate motions controlled. Full power is always available to move away from a limit.
- Motions are controlled with ramped slow down on approach and soft-stop. There is no machine ‘bounce’, overshoot, or undershoot. An optional chassis sensor can be installed to correct for terrain slope.
- Single/dual parallel wall or angular limitation are available. When walls are in use, the front end equipment is also monitored and controlled for limit breach.
- Limits can be either manually keyed in or set by positioning the machine. If both limits are active, the system will automatically flip to the appropriate display should a hazard approach occur. Set up is simple, quick, and can be protected with an optional access key switch. All settings are retained and will be active on start-up.
MAJOR COMPONENTS CARRY A FIVE YEAR GUARANTEE EXCLUDING MIS-USE AND PHYSICAL DAMAGE.
- Access Key Switch (Prevents / allows setting changes)
- Track Lock (Inhibits travel when a height limitation is active)
- Beacon (Height limit active indication)
- Offset Boom Sensor (Monitors offset boom angle – single proximity switch detection also available)
- Reeling Drum (Monitors telescopic arm extension, single proximity switch detection also available)
- Platform Sensor (Monitors chassis pitch and roll angles)
- Auto Duty Switching (Proximity switch detection for up to four lifting duties)
- Data Logger (CAN bus mounted event recorder with SD card)
Solid state, fully potted IP67, mounted in pump or engine bay. 4 x analogue inputs. 8 x digital inputs. 12 x output. All with full electrical protection and diagnostics, 2 x CAN bus. 11 – 30VDC. Manual key override for motion control valves. <10mS program cycle time for accurate response.
Solid state, IP65, RAM mount to window or dash. 4.3” or 2.8” backlit colour LCD. 7 x backlit, tactile keys. 1 x CAN bus. 11 – 30VDC.
Industry standard multi-core screened with M12 connectors.
Compact solid state 3 axis accelerometer with gyro compensation. Stainless steel, IP67. CAN J1939. Steel mounting bracket. Can be mounted anywhere on the front end equipment in any orientation. Direct drive performance. Up to three articulations can be monitored with the addition of chassis attitude.
Custom made super compact aluminium PWM proportional sandwich valve available in 2, 4, and 6 valve manifolds.