No EGR or particulate filter
The engine was developed and manufactured by our award winning sister company FPT Industrial, which produces over 500,000 engines per year and powers world record winners. The in-house design leverages advanced technologies developed for commercial vehicles and agriculture, and introduces specific tailored solutions for off-road applications
The NEF N67, with 6 in-line cylinders and a 6.7 litre displacement, is designed to offer both fuel efficiency and reliability with plenty of power available.
- The air intake flow is increased by a turbocharger with air-to-air cooling.
- The multi injection delivers best-in-class high torque performance at low rpms.
- No EGR valve is used: 100% fresh air is taken for combustion without DPF and no extra cooling system is needed.
Low Emissions – without particulate filter
with HI-eSCR after treatment, FPT technology meets EU Stage IV (Tier 4 Final) emissions standards, a big step towards cleaner air, With this system, fewer components are involved, engine oil quality is not compromised and there is no need for a particulate filter (DPF) or additional cooling. This allows for a very compact engine compartment, resulting in excellent rear visibility. In addition the maximum temperature reached by HI- eSCR is 500’C, 200’C below the maximum temperature of a particulate filter.
ProShift transmission provides on average 1.5litre/hour fuel saving and up to 20% faster cycle time. This is the result of three premium features:
- 5 Speeds transmission – The 5 speed transmission allow to always work at lower revs compared to 4 speed transmission. Lower revs result in lower fuel usage. When the ECO mode is selected not only the engine gives priority to fuel efficiency but also the transmission shifts at lower revs in order to increase fuel efficiency and noise emission.
- Torque Converter Lock-up – Wheel loaders continuously shift gears and every time diesel saving is achieved with: -Torque converter lock up that kills viscous losses from 2nd up to 5th gear. – Engine de-rating during gear shifts that kills torque peaks in the clutch and contributes to lower fuel usage.
- Power Inch – With Power Inch, positioning the loader is as smooth as with a hydrostatic transmission, with the added advantage of massive pushing power delivered by the torque converter. This also prevents rolling back on slopes.
Case heavy-duty axles
The heavy-duty axles are tougher, bigger and easier to service thanks to the 3- piece housing design. Wet multiple disc brakes, made of resistant sintered bronze, are located in each wheel hub. Our heavy-duty axles are engineered to support L5 or solid tyres for very abrasive environments. Solid tyres can be factory fitted. A higher value results from:
- 20-30%lower tyre wear because of no slippage between the wheels;
- Reduced fuel consumption because there is no friction in the differential
- Reduced downtime for maintenance because of fewer moving components with open differentials.
With open differentials, no friction is applied to reduce wheel slip. As a result, there is less tyre wear and lower energy losses. With the 100% Auto-Lock, 100% of the available torque is transmitted to the wheels to provide maximum tractive effort.
Case Cooling Cube
The unique design of the Case cooling cube, with five radiators mounted to forma cube instead of overlapping, ensures a constant flow of fresh and clean air from the sides and the top, to maintain constant fluid temperatures. The cube structure provides easy access to radiators for a more effective cleaning and serviceability: additional cleaning can also be easily done manually, with separate access to each radiator.
Superior Cooling Effectiveness
Heavy Duty cooling – Handling fertilizer, cereals, animal feed or other materials indoors usually leads to radiator clogging. Case’s solution is the heavy duty cooling option which features:
- Extra thin inlet grille that stops bigger particles
- Sealed radiator covers that ensure the cooling air is 100% filtered.
- Wide core radiators increase self cleaning with the reversible fan and prevent clogging.
Available on the 721F waste handler model and customisable on other models.
Wider & Well Protected Cab
- Our reinforced cab guarantees protection against roll over (ROPS) and falling objects (FOPS)
- our cab is also certified P2 level according to European Standards EN143, which means that 94% of airborne particles are filtered. when working in particularly tough conditions, additional pressurisation and particle filtration can be fitted.
- On Waste Handler models windshield guards, provide protection from falling pieces of solid waste.
- The Case cab is 2.06m3 and 1.64m wide: Its the widest cab in the industry
- The air suspended seat features a high back design and lumbar adjustment, a saving grace during long working days. It includes seat heaters which warm up cold winter mornings.
Wide glazed surfaces and curved engine hood – You’ll feel more confident and work faster with the great all-round visibility provided by the very low shape of the curved rear hood and the ample glazed surfaces.
Low Engine Vibrations
- The rear mounted engine is far from the cab, further enhancing operator comfort.
- Engine noise and vibrations are reduced by the 3-step injection: pre, main and post injection.