The P40.17 stands out for the new high-comfort cab, for the completely renewed axles, for the use of technology that increases safety standards and an unparalleled level of performance and efficiency. This model has been developed to meet the needs of every construction site, rental company and large construction company, ensuring record performance and economy efficiency.
- The new high-visibility cab, the four wheel-drive, the high ground clearance and the 55kW-75Hp Deutz engine guarantee excellent results in terms of performance, comfort and safety.
- The P40.17 has a lift capacity of 4000KG and a maximum height of 16.6m. The whole range is equipped with hydrostatic transmission which guarantees maximum precision at your fingertips.
- The Tilt Correction system, integrated into the chassis as standard on this model, can correct the lateral inclination by 8% on each side, reaching 24% with the combine action of the stabilisers.
- The exclusive Boom Side Shift allows the load to be positioned without further manoeuvring, saving time and improving machine’s productivity: the system allows for a boom side-shift up to 870 mm.
- The ENTRY model is equipped with the exclusive Merlo Dynamic Load Control (CDC) light safety system. The system checks the safety parameters of the telescopic handler in real time and allows the operator to work in total safety, making the most of the telehandler’s potential and the attachment used.
- The standard cab gives easy access, astounding space with great visibility: generous in dimensions, the cab is mounted on Silent Block, which drastically reduce vibrations, guaranteeing maximum comfort and visibility.
- The P40.17 comes with standard Towing Hook and Roof Wiper
The new Merlo P40.17 has the same modular cab as its older brothers with a space and glazed surface that is unequalled in its category.
- The broadest cab in its category excellent comfort and visibility
- Dual shuttle reverse control: maximum agility
- ROPS and FOPS level II type-approved: maximum safety
- Same cab as the larger models: pressurised according to ISO 10263-3
Engine & Transmission
The Merlo designers have adopted technologically advanced diesel engines, evolved hydrostatic transmissions and axles equipped with dry disc brakes that help reduce power absorption. Electronic management of the diesel engine/transmission is electronic in order to optimise performance and minimise energy waste.
- Powerful, fuel-efficient engine: 55kW for a torque of 300Nm
- Two-speed hydrostatic transmission: affordable and powerful
- Engines comply with anti-pollution standards with DOC (Diesel Oxidation Catalyst) and without DPF: streamlined maintenance and fewer worries for the operator
- New tapered bonnet: better visibility for better safety
- Hydraulic pump, Load sharing 125l/min at 210 bar
- Maximum speed 40km/h: rapid transfers at a low cost
Merlo designs and produces most of the components that make up its telehandlers. The axles are an integral part of every project and are designed and sized for better integration between the main parts.
- Axles designed and integrated in the project: maximum performance and excellent versatility
- Planetary reducers: low centre of gravity, maximum reliability and high traction
- Maximum steering angle
- Three steering modes: front wheels, coordinated turning and sideways crab for easy handling, efficient and effective working
- Four-wheel drive is always engaged: maximum traction in every condition
- Integral servo-braking: acts on all four wheels for maximum safety in every context
- Parking brake: activates when the engine is turned off or, when the engine is on, from the cab
- Optional differential lock: for optimal disengagement on difficult terrain
- Stabilisation in stowed position: maximum versatility
- Compactness and high reachable heights: suitable for all work sites
- Maximum load at maximum height: 3t at 10m
- Unique performance: compact, high performance
- Independent stabilisation: maximum adaptability